fldigi is a free program used for various digital modes.
Thanks for visiting this page. It seems to have become the goto reference page for setting up fldigi for the Icom IC-7300, and I will try to keep it updated.
This post describes the steps needed to get fldigi set up with the Icom IC-7300.
- Setup your 7300 as described in this post Icom IC-7300 Digital Mode Settings.
- Download fldigi from here: fldigi – Ham Radio Digital Modem Application
- Each transceiver needs a Rig definition. Some transceivers can work with the (not recently updated) Hamlib library, but not the IC-7300. Instead, you use the fldigi RigCAT settings. The specific rig description is available for the IC-7300 to download. So, you need to download the rig description file from here: ic-7300.xml before you install fldigi. It is an XML text file. Keep track of where you save that file for use in Step 5.
- Install fldigi by running the file you downloaded.
- Configure fldigi for the 7300.
- Open the Configure menu
- Open the Rig Control sub-menuj
- Select RigCAT from the left tab on the 2nd line.
- Click the user RigCat checkbox at the top of the box.
- The Rig Description File box should be blank. Click the Open… button, and then use the file selection dialog to select the ic-7300.xml file you just uploaded in step 3.
- Baud Rate of 19200 or 38400 should work.
- CAT command for PTT should be selected.
- Select the correct Device (will be a COM#). The actual port number will vary depending on your computer, but will be the one connected to Silicon Labs CP210x.
- Click Initialize and Save, and you should see things start working on the fldigi main screen.
- The introduction to fldigi is found here.
Post revised 2/12/2018